For children who are continuing to attend school during the day, a School Based Program with afternoon hours provides ongoing care and community throughout the week, while benefiting the entire family with regular check-ins and support. With the opportunity to reduce or expand programming as needed, School Based is an ideal solution for young children who are progressing in treatment and need continued support to ensure that they stay on the right path beyond what an individual therapy session can provide.
School Based Program Details
The School Based serves children 3 to 7 years old with a significant mental health diagnosis that is interfering with their success in home and community settings. Clients receive a combination of group and individual services 3-4 times per week. This service may be received as a lower level of care transitioning from the day treatment program or a higher level of care transitioning from traditional outpatient counseling services.
Contact Us Today
Our goal is to help every child reach their fullest potential. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your child thrive.
Family Involvement In School Based Treatments
- A communication folder will be sent home daily to provide open communication with the parent or other caretakers. (childcare providers, etc.)
- Parents will be contacted either in person or via phone call at a minimum of one time per week.
- Monthly meetings will occur with the family and treatment team to monitor progress and ensure the trajectory toward discharge.
- Family therapy sessions will be provided. (as appropriate and applicable)
- A family newsletter will be sent home monthly which will include program topics, activities, and parenting tips.
School Based Treatment For Children – Cincinnati, Ohio
We know that every child and every parent is unique. You face many different situations and challenges every day. We don’t take a one-size-fits-all approach or think of this as a set of strict parenting rules that must be followed. We hope to give you new ideas for parenting so you can make the best decisions about what can work for your child and family. Our Intensive Outpatient treatment still gives you ample time with your child.